It is a legal requirement for employers to provide information, instruction and training about the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations).
COSHH is the law that requires employers to control substances that are hazardous to health. The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations have been in place for more than 25 years, and the scientific evidence suggests that over this time industry has, in general, been consistently reducing exposure to hazardous substances.
In this COSHH e-learning course you will gain the knowledge and understanding required to ensure you can act safely when working around hazardous substances. It provides a clear overview of the important elements of hazardous substances and gives you all the information to help ensure the safety of yourself or anyone else who works with hazardous substances.
The e-learning course is interactive and engaging with elements of ‘storytelling’ that help make the learning easy and interesting to follow. It’s a fun way of learning the important principles of COSHH.
- Learn to appreciate why COSHH is important and how issues with health can be avoided
- Understand the COSHH hazard signs and what they mean
- Be able to explain the responsibilities of employers and employees regarding COSHH
- Be able to explain the general rules for handling hazardous materials
- Help create a culture of positive health and safety practice in the workplace