Electricity is a familiar and necessary part of everyday life, but every year accidents at work involving electric shock or burns are reported to the authorities.
There are simple precautions that can be taken to significantly reduce the risk of electrical injury to you, and others around you, when working with, or near electricity.
In this electricity at work e-learning course you will gain the knowledge and understanding required to ensure you can act safely when working around electricity as well as being able to apply principles that will help reduce the likelihood of accidents occurring in the workplace.
The e-learning course is interactive and engaging with elements of ‘storytelling’ that help make the learning easy and interesting to follow. It’s a fun way of learning the important principles of electricity at work.
- Explain how the risk of injury or death from electricity can be reduced or removed
- Describe the two main causes of electrical accidents and the types of injury that occur
- Understand the responsibilities we have towards ourselves and our colleagues around electrical safety
- Describe how to work with different electrical equipment, ensuring safety at all times
- Explain the importance of testing and being aware of faulty equipment
- Describe what to do when you encounter someone who has had an electrical accident