Everyone has a part to play in preventing fire in the workplace. We all need to be aware of the danger of fire so that we may recognise the threat when we see it.
Causes of Fire – Control all sources of ignition, and reduce the amount of combustible material in your workplace, and you will greatly reduce the risk of fire.
Fire Prevention – Control all sources of ignition, and reduce the amount of combustible material in your workplace, and you will greatly reduce the risk of fire.
Discovering a Fire – Knowing what to do when a fire is discovered. Covering the important factors to be aware of.
Fire Triangle – Fire is a chemical reaction between three important factors: Heat, Oxygen and Fuel. This section will help you understand these in full.
Fire Extinguishers – There are four different types of extinguisher in use. This part of the session will introduce each and provide information on how to use.
Safety Signs – One area of importance with regards to fire safety is the use of safety signs. There are several types of safety signs that you will encounter.
- Learn statistics and causes of fire
- Recognise the methods of fire prevention
- Recognise what actions to take if you discover a fire
- Learn the fire triangle along with elements needed to cause a fire
- State the various fire extinguishers within the workplace
- Identify various types of safety signs within the workplace