The main aim of this e-learning is to help prevent death or injury caused by a fall from height.
Falls from height are one of the biggest causes of workplace fatalities and major injuries, accounting for about 29% of fatal injuries to workers.
Employers have a duty to make sure employees have the sufficient skills, knowledge and experience to perform the working at height task they are asked to do.
Working at height means work in any place where, if there were no precautions in place, a person could fall a distance liable to cause personal injury. You are working at height if you; work above ground/floor level, could fall from an edge, through an opening, or fragile surface, could fall from ground level into an opening in a floor, or a hole in the ground.
In this working at height e-learning course you’ll gain the knowledge and understanding required to ensure you follow sensible and safe precautions when working at height.
The e-learning course is interactive and engaging with elements of ‘storytelling’ that help make the learning easy and interesting to follow. It’s a fun way of learning the important principles of working safely at height.
Important Note: This is not an accredited work at height practical training course. This course is for work at height general awareness.
- Appreciate why working from height regulations are important and how to take precautions
- Understand the typical risks when working from heights and how to use specific equipment
- Know what to do when you have safety concerns
- Explain how to avoid, prevent and minimise risks when working from heights
- Help create a culture of positive health and safety practice in the workplace